At Volcano Capital, we provide funding and operational expertise to help entrepreneurs grow their healthcare businesses. We emphasize a collaborative approach with our portfolio companies and actively provide operating, legal, financial and strategic expertise in addition to access to our broad network of experienced operators and clinicians. Together, we work to accelerate growth and build value for shareholders.
Volcano Capital is an evergreen fund that operates free from the constraints of traditional venture capital funds. We focus exclusively on health care and our streamlined decision making process allow us to provide quick feedback. We are not constrained by fund life cycles and look to build long term relationships with successful management teams. We are willing to fund an entire investment round ourselves and are willing to consider investing in complex transactions or distressed companies.
While we will consider any health care start-up company, we typically look for:
- Early to mid-stage medical device and health care services companies
- Typical initial investment of $1-5M with a $15M max over the life of the investment
- Sustainable business model with a clear path to profitability in an attractive market segment
- Compelling and differentiated products protected by strong IP
- Straight forward regulatory pathway: strong emphasis on products with a 510(k) regulatory pathway
- Management team with a track record of success in the healthcare industry
- Capital efficient business model/approach
- Multiple exit options
To date Volcano Capital has made multiple venture capital investments in a variety of market segments including interventional radiology, spine/orthopedics and minimally invasive surgery.
If you would like to inquire about meeting with our team, please send an executive summary or investor presentation to email@example.com.